Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Hot Curry

This is the shortest time interval when I have posted two consecutive posts. It is less than 24 hours when I am typing this post. So for them who have not yet read the last post on Communism, the post is still open for comments. Most of you might not have noticed that the name of the blog has changed from Chaos Theory to The Hot Curry. The name Chaos Theory sounded a bit geeky and always sent a message that the post here ‘might’ be serious kind of stuff. So it was definitely intended for the persona change of the blog. Moreover last few posts have spiced up the whole blogging scenario for me and a suitable name was always on the list. I initially thought of ‘Schezwan Biriyani’ as a name but ‘Masala Noodles’ is already a name of a blog on TOI and moreover I thought using ‘Biriyani’ might trigger some level of sentimental issues.

I was once having a lunch with few friends. We were all ordering something or the other; I ordered my regular Indian course with Chapati and a non veg side dish. When I was about to eat last few bites of my roti I ran out of the side dish. Ordering a new dish would have been a waste of food and money as well. So I resorted to eating last 4 bites of my Chapati or Nan I do not remember exactly with Chicken Manchurian. What followed was a good one hour speech on food habits, Cuisine should not be mixed, food etiquettes etc. I would like this forum to appeal to all people to come out of their set of rules, try new things, some day you might discover a new taste. By not doing this you are going against nature of continuous exploration and discovery. Remember when it all started there was no food etiquettes and that’s why we reached where we are today. All said but still I have my reservations against Aloo in Biriyani, I guess it’s an experiment gone bad(no offence).

So here it is the new name to the blog ‘The Hot Curry’

There was another reason for this post. Yesterday I found a nice Google application, Google Transliteration. It converts whatever you write to the language you specify and I am not talking about translation, it is direct transliteration. So I experimented with the application and converted one of my poems to Hindi script. Here is the poem for all of you, though I am a bit shy sharing my poetry work in public and it might be the first and last poem I have dared to share but still all the reviews, criticism and advise are welcome.

क्षितिज
दूर कहीं क्षितिज पर आसमा झुकता हैं
धरती से मिलने को लम्बा सफ़र तय करता है
देख नहीं पाते दोनों को हम मिलते
पर हैं यकीं कहीं न कहीं
धरती से आसमा मिलता है

अपनी हर सोच को हम क्यों सपनो का नाम दें
हों नहीं सकता यह हमसे क्यों मन में मान ले
जब हैं पता हमें भी की दूर ही सही
कुछ दूर जाकर तो
धरती से आसमा मिलता है

हैं नामुमकिन कुछ नहीं मुमकिन यहाँ सब कुछ है
बस सपनो में खोजने की अपने लक्ष्य को ज़रुरत हैं
सपनो में ही हकीकत की मंजिल का निशान मिलता हैं
आखिर कहीं न कहीं तो जाकर
धरती से आसमा मिलता है

1 comment:

  1. The best part of this Hot curry is the inspirational Kavita!!
    I really loved this .. esp the second paragraph!!

    ReplyDelete